Better Touch Better Business
Contact Sales at Yuxing.
Laguiole is not a trademark, as too old. It is part of the public domain, that is why anybody can make knives with Laguiole brand.
There are several laguiole manufacturers who work with the same process and produce high quality knives.
Do not forget that a laguiole knife is handmade with very high quality raw material, that is why you can not find laguiole steak knives at a low price.
Handle with high quality raw material
The assembly is done by hand and everything is mounted as a puzzle, assembled nested. Fake knives are glued.
The blade is a high grade stainless steel, highly resistant to time. The true Laguiole have a perfectly smooth blade, a sharp and exceptionally brilliant impeccable.
Fake knives have a blade with poor quality steel, and are not resistance over time.
The weight of the knife is different, much heavier than fake one.
We work in a traditional way, guarantee our products for life against defects in workmanship and have never had a return of non-satisfaction.
Beware of deals which seem too good to be true. If you find a very cheap Laguiole steak knife, it probably comes from a far-flung plant. Quality has a price and machines will never compare to a craftsman’s skills : if a knife is cheap, it’s probably worth exactly its price!
Of course a knife’s price can also vary according to the various elements it is made of. Thus it’s easy to see why a knife with an aluminum handle would be cheaper than an abalone-handled one, similarly, a damask blad will be more expensive than a plain one.
In a well-known cutlery maker – in Thiers or Laguiole of course !
Consumers cannot just trust a brand or a label on the blade or on the packaging.
a) Simple commercial mentions:
- Any self-respecting manufacturer should be proud of its products and sign its knives with their name or logo, which are protected.An anonymous manufacturer is never a good sign.
- The warranty certificate shipped with the knife should mention the oem knife manufacturers’s full address.
- Common sense concerning price levels : it is foolish to think that you can buy a very cheap quality knife made by dedicated craftsmen in.
b) Technical quality indicators:
- There are no plastic elements on the knife and it has an adequate weight and feel.
- The plates which make up the handle are well fitted.
- When the knife is closed, the blade is in the middle of its folding space.
Yuxing Laguiole brings to you relevant and reliable information on cutlery-making thanks to the knowledge and know-how of blade enthusiasts. Thanks to our craftsmen’s culture and the know-how passed down through generations, you can finally access information you can trust and understand.
We are here to help you! If you close the chatbox, you will automatically receive a response from us via email. Please be sure to leave your contact details so that we can better assist